Thursday, June 18, 2009

Poems

Here are three poems I wrote, the middle one I wrote on the way to Acadia. (The first one is the one I wanted you to read, Dad.)

Night fills my eyelids
the clock emits a steady drumbeat
my thoughts march in circles
they shimmer in rainbow colors
brilliant in their fragility
little worlds; so safe
for the moment
little ideas shimmer
blindingly
a breath of wind
send them sailing, soaring
a well placed breath
and they're gone,
never-been.


The clouds today
are lumpy and gray
some look like they're held
by the tips of the trees
some are parted
midsection
and brightness spills through-
not light,
but the absence of gloom.


The sun is dreaming of sleep.
It's always shining
always moving
Round and round,
around it goes
a world that never sleeps.

For this last one, do you like 'It's always shining' or 'It's always beaming' better? Also I could have the end
Round and round,
it goes around
a world that never sleeps.
It makes more sense that way, but I like how it sounds the other way better.

Kelia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the first two. As usual, the one you are having trouble with is the weakest poem...I think shining is better than beaming (too cute), and I like the way it is, not the alternative. However, there is not much too it. Both the others have a lot more to say.

KeliaMegan said...

The third one I felt like had more to it too, but I couldn't think of anything. I'll probably just leave it as it is.