Sunday, June 28, 2009

Poem

I just spent a week at a piano festival, so naturally the first poem I write after it is about music. Does it flow alright? It took me a while to write, so I don't know for sure if it does.

Music pulses through my brain
it trickles - downpours -
like the rain
it twists and merges,
jumbles, booms,
it will not stop
I banish thoughts
but still a song
plays faintly still
it twinkles, soars,
and never ends.

Music pulses through my brain
it trickles - downpours -
like the rain
the rain that flashes in the sun
and glitters on the grass and trees
and pools in leaves like tiny gems
that ripple and reflect the green.

The soaring notes
are softer now
my tired brain
is winding down
the music that was pouring down
is turning into mist

the clear, sharp notes
all drift away
what's left is music's spirit and
it looks like light to me.

Kelia

2 comments:

Sarah (tuulenhaiven) said...

I love the last stanza - especially "what's left is music's spirit/it looks like light to me'.

I hope you enjoyed the music camp as much as this poem makes it sound. :)

KeliaMegan said...

Thanks!! The music camp was GREAT. I can't wait to go next year, it was so much fun.