Monday, March 10, 2008

An introduction of sorts

Hello all people who will be reading this! This is a blog for my poems. At the new year I challenged myself to write one a week, which so far I have kept. But I'd like people to read them and give me advice, because I really dont know if they're good or not. So thanks!

The title of the blog is very random, I just did the first thing that popped into my head. But it is related, when I was little I wanted to write a book of poems and have it be called To Live in a Rainbow. No idea why! But here it is on my blog now.

So here is the first poem I wrote in the new year. It was kind of based on a memory, all advice is appreciated.

Afternoon light streamed down through the trees
and rested lightly on me, perched on a rail,
surveying the yard like a new vantage point
made me a queen.

But the light made me look up--
Golden light that shone in beams among the green leaves
light that turned the whole world into a place
of magic and well being.

The crunch of my apple was the only sound
but no, there was more. The wind in the trees,
the chirping of birds filled the place with the
unmistakable sound of joy.

If I had been hurrying to the car or quickly
or doing some chore or other, I would have missed it.
Missed this moment, in a war torn world, of peace.
And if I would let my heart reflect that peace
that came with the light, I would have peace too.


Thank you!
Kelia

2 comments:

Sarah (tuulenhaiven) said...

Congratulations on a new blog. I look forward to reading more! :)

KeliaMegan said...

Thank you!